The New Jersey State Bar Affiliation is proud to announce a gifted class of fellows for its 2022–2023 Management Academy.
The academy, which kicks off this month, offers a 12 months of programming that helps fellows develop management expertise. The curriculum consists of a big selection of courses on matters resembling enhancing communication expertise, the legislative course of, public-sector legislation, points confronting the occupation, the New Jersey enterprise panorama and extra.
The 18 fellows chosen for this 12 months symbolize an achieved assemblage of attorneys, spanning numerous apply areas within the personal, public and nonprofit sectors.
“I used to be thrilled to function a part of the choice committee for this 12 months’s fellows, and may actually say I used to be astounded by the depth and breadth of the candidates’ expertise and experiences,” NJSBA President Jeralyn Lawrence mentioned. “I’m so excited for the occupation’s subsequent technology of leaders to get the invaluable profession planning, networking and academic experiences the Management Academy will present.”
The category is anticipated to graduate in Might on the NJSBA Annual Assembly and Conference in Atlantic Metropolis.
The NJSBA 2022–2023 Management Academy fellows are:
- Christopher Asakiewicz, director of ethics, danger and compliance at Novartis. Asakiewicz has held roles throughout the well being care business all through numerous facets of growth from bench science, scientific trials and portfolio technique.
- Michael Burke, an assistant prosecutor for the Essex County Prosecutor’s Workplace. Since 2016, Burke has tried greater than 10 jury trials involving violent crimes. He additionally has expertise prosecuting federal issues as effectively, as he labored as a particular assistant U.S. lawyer for the U.S. Division of Justice in Newark.
- Cosmas Diamantis, director of group growth for the township of Cherry Hill. On this position, Diamantis oversees all capabilities associated to the implementation of the township’s grasp plan, the overview and processing of all municipal growth functions to the planning and zoning boards.
- Samantha Diorio, an affiliate at Connell Foley LLP. Diorio focuses her apply on industrial litigation, together with aviation, premises legal responsibility, building accidents and poisonous torts. Diorio additionally has expertise in industrial chapter issues and has appeared in each state and federal courts in New York and New Jersey.
- Veronica Finkelstein, an assistant U.S. lawyer with the U.S. Division of Justice in Philadelphia. Finkelstein handles quite a lot of civil affirmative and defensive issues, in addition to legal youngster exploitation circumstances. She has tried quite a few civil circumstances to protection verdicts together with in tort, employment legislation, and medical malpractice circumstances.
- Aiyana Goldberg, an affiliate in Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi’s Actual Property, Growth and Land Use Group. She focuses her apply on actual property, land use and associated transactional issues. She has represented builders, actual property funding corporations and several other different carefully held companies in industrial actual property acquisitions and tendencies — together with growth, leasing and finance transactions.
- J. Christopher Henschel, an affiliate with Connell Foley. Henschel represents companies and people in high-stakes litigations in quite a lot of boards. He additionally represents home and worldwide insurance coverage corporations in insurance coverage protection issues.
- Chelsea Jasnoff, an affiliate at Chiesa, Shahinian & Giantomasi. Jasnoff practices complicated industrial litigation, together with shareholder disputes, contract issues, enterprise torts and industrial actual property disputes. She has expertise defending each private and non-private employers towards wage and hour, discrimination and wrongful discharge claims.
- Sonia Johnson, a personal practitioner working as a pool lawyer with the Workplace of the Public Defender. Johnson is in personal apply and has been working as a pool lawyer with the Workplace of the Public Defender, representing dad and mom in youngster welfare circumstances, since 2016. She has additionally represented dad and mom of kids with disabilities in particular schooling issues in Burlington and Mercer counties.
- Alexandra Kilduff, a workers lawyer for the New Jersey program of the authorized companies group Professional Bono Partnership. Kilduff represents a variety of nonprofit purchasers. Previous to becoming a member of Professional Bono Partnership, she was in personal apply specializing in industrial and building litigation and company governance.
- Andrew Marino, an affiliate at Gibbons. Marino’s apply features a numerous set of complicated industrial and legal litigation issues in New Jersey and New York federal and state courts. He has expertise drafting dispositive motions, conducting authorized analysis and overseeing discovery. He additionally has assisted with authorities investigations.
- Elizabeth Matecki, counsel for iCIMS, a expertise firm primarily based in Holmdel. Matecki’s position helps numerous areas of the enterprise, together with industrial contracting, buyer and vendor negotiations, product growth and operations. Previous to becoming a member of iCIMS, she began her authorized profession as a civil litigator at McOmber, McOmber & Luber P.C.
- Telge Peiris, a deputy lawyer common for the Banking and Insurance coverage Part within the New Jersey Lawyer Normal’s Workplace’s Division of Legislation. As a deputy lawyer common, Peiris is an advocate for justice, and is totally dedicated to safeguarding the true property, banking and insurance coverage industries from unscrupulous actors.
- NaSheena Porter, a deputy lawyer common within the Workplace of the Insurance coverage Fraud Prosecutor. Previous to serving within the Lawyer Normal’s Workplace, Porter was an assistant prosecutor and the chief range, fairness & inclusion officer on the Union County Prosecutor’s Workplace. On this capability, she prosecuted legal circumstances within the particular victims, appellate, home violence and trial workforce items.
- Michael Rolek, an affiliate at Connell Foley. Rolek is a flexible practitioner at Connell Foley LLP, who focuses his apply on industrial litigation and company and enterprise legislation. As a litigator, he has represented a big selection of purchasers in state courtroom, federal courtroom and arbitrations throughout the county. His purchasers have included asset administration companies, industrial and residential actual property builders, common contractors, insurers, nationwide nonprofit organizations, public entities and excessive internet price people.
- Alexa Salcito, an affiliate at Connell Foley. Salcito represents and advises purchasers in quite a lot of enterprise and employment disputes, insurance coverage protection issues and white collar crime investigations. She is a longtime litigator with complete expertise in all facets of the litigation course of, from pre-suit till the conclusion of the invention part.
- Iman Wells, an affiliate with Nukk-Freeman & Cerra. Wells focuses her apply on management-side employment litigation and counseling. She defends employers in state and federal courtroom and commonly counsels employers on a broad vary of employment legislation points, and offers worker anti-discrimination/harassment, unconscious bias and upstander conduct trainings.
- Renada Williams, affiliate common counsel for the Vitamin Shoppe. Williams offers recommendation and counsel to the advertising, human assets and personal model enterprise companions on the Vitamin Shoppe. She additionally manages the trademark portfolio, industrial contracts and litigation throughout the enterprise.